I love talking about how to grow your business! I mentioned before about the 4 hour work week and I honestly don’t think the average person can build their business in 4 hours a day. But here’s the deal, I DO believe that it’s an old school mindset to think that you need to be working 60 plus hours a week to build your business. This is all about being a SMARTER business person.
If you haven’t listened to this particular episode, please go back to the episode where this discussion first started on May 7th – When to Outsource Plus Elance and Virtual Staffing. I want you to start there because you might not be at the place of actually outsourcing yet.
Today we dive into the specifics of hiring someone online. How do you go about this? How do you determine if someone is a good person to hire? Today is all about sharing my best tips with you.
So here we go!
– For your job posting, be as specific as possible. State exactly what you want with as much detail as you can provide. If you need help, look at other peoples job posting and see what they say.
– When posting a job and accepting proposals, make sure to read the proposals carefully. A lot of the time people are copy and pasting a general response into their proposal. If someone sends a proposal that you’re interested in hiring, then skype with them. You’ll know when you look them in the eyes, if they’re the right person for the job.
– Invite freelancers to your job specifically. I want you to look for the perfect freelancer, then seek them out and invite them. Think about this the same way you would hire someone for your office. Typically the people who are amazing don’t need the work. the best freelancers have to be pursued.
When looking for a freelancer you want to…
– Look for someone who has 40% or more repeat business.
– 5 Star reviews are great but red flags are that there are no supporting comments on the freelancer from the people who submitted the reviews. Typically if someone is going to give someone an excellent review, they will also provide comments an that persons work.
– If a freelancer only has a couple reviews and they are bother perfect, be weary. Sometimes they will create fake accounts and hire themselves a couple times to make it seem as if they’ve done excellent work, but haven’t. So this is where you really have to look at the prior work they’ve done, read the reviews very carefully and maybe open up communication with them via messaging and look for red flags.
– Look at trends, what are their reviews saying and when are the reviews written.
– Look for communication problems in the reviews. For example, if a review left for a freelancer says, “I don’t know what happened. They seemed to disappear.” Look for signs that the freelancer might not be as reelable as you need.
– When in doubt, ask if you can speak with a former client.
– When perusing a freelancer, tell them what about their work you like.
– Let them know that the job could turn in to consistent work or bigger jobs.
When getting to the point of hiring someone, I recommend hiring multiple freelancers for the same job. That way you don’t have all your eggs in one basket. The truth is, freelancers will drop off the face of the earth, they will stop all communication, they will be unreliable and it can be frustrating at times. But in all honesty, with all the frustrating experiences we’ve had, none of them have been a waste of money because we always ended up spending less money outsourcing then we have on our own. Yes, there have been situations that have wasted time, but that’s why I did this podcast, to help you not waste time.
Hey… pssst… have you been hearing about this incredible new platform called Periscope? It’s seriously dope! An incredible way for you to build a following and a customer base. Its a pretty new platform for most, so I created a free download for you that has everything and anything you need to know about starting and growing your Periscope! Just click below for the free download!
Want more great tips and resources on improving balance, energy, organization, health fitness, relationships, focus, faith and happiness? Each episode of my podcast, The Chalene Show is designed to give you strategies and simple steps you can implement today to become a better, more balanced, happier version of yourself. LISTEN NOW!
Hey! and did you know Build Your Tribe has been resurrected? We had so many request to revive this show, so we brought it back. Listen Now >> https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/build-your-tribe
Already a devoted listener to The Chalene Show? Leave a voice message about what topics you’d like to hear on the show or your feedback on a particular episode >> LEAVE A MESSAGE. Chalene would also love for you to leave a review on iTunes! It’s kind of like her tip jar >> LEAVE A REVIEW.
For help with goal setting and determining your life’s priorities, check out Chalene’s 30 Day Push Program: www.30daypush.com
For health and fitness advice from Chalene, head to www.cj7day.com to download her FREE program with complementary workout videos!
Wow! you’re still reading this! Then let me take a moment to say you’re amazing 🙂 Connect with me below!
Connect with Chalene:
Chalene on Facebook: www.facebook.com/chalene
Chalene on Periscope: follow @chalenejohnson >> You can catch my Periscope replays at www.katch.me/chalenejohnson
Chalene on Instagram: www.instagram.com/chalenejohnson
Chalene on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/chalenejohnson
Chalene on Twitter: www.twitter.com/chalenejohnson
Chalene on Youtube: www.youtube.com/chalenejohnson
Some of my Instagram Accounts: