In this episode, I talk to you about how to handle social media overload. It’s hard to keep up with everything going on online, and it’s important that you realize that social media should not take control of your life. I don’t want you to be a slave to your accounts, so I want to help you create a system. I will share with you what has worked for me, and hopefully that will bring you some peace.
Discussed in this episode:
- How I use one piece of content on multiple social media platforms.
- How to chose which social media sites you should be on.
- Ask yourself, “What is my goal in social media?”
- I want you to boldly be you! This is how you will build your true tribe.
- When you go deep into a new social media platform, you need to clean out your closet.
- Social Media Examiner Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/social-media-marketing-podcast/id549899114?mt=2
- Tripod: http://amzn.com/B007S02F8K
- Tripod mount: http://amzn.com/B00C11ASSA
- Social Media Examiner Blog: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- School of Greatness with Lewis Howes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/school-greatness-lewis-howes/id596047499?mt=2
- Amy Porterfield: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/online-marketing-made-easy/id594703545?mt=2
- Mari Smith Website: http://www.marismith.com
- Mari Smith on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marismith
- My eat clean train mean 7 day challenge: www.cj7day.com
0:05 Intro to today’s topic
1:46 What social has done for me and my business
2:05 How not to become a slave to social media
2:51 Two things that will let you know what’s hot and what’s not in social media
3:23 Should you be using social media?
4:27 What’s your plan B?
5:11 The lesson on self sufficiency
7:38 Power Balance
8:01 Brock’s first taste of netowrking on Twitter
9:40 Get to know Jake Bedard
11:53 Why spending hours on social media is absurd
14:08 How to avoid social media intoxication
14:48 Make your goal be your guide when using social media
15:49 Who are my Lifers
17:05 The salvaging technique
18:32 The content salvaging process
21:58 You don’t have to reply to everyone
23:14 Why I only allot 10-15 minutes of my time on Twitter
23:49 Don’t be everywhere. Just be in the place where it works.
24:28 Get yourself seeded in two platforms
26:06 You can’t do it all. Period
27:51 Talk to teenagers
29:14 Subscribe to authoritative resources within your niche
30:34 Set your limits and boundaries
31:42 Closing notes