The other F word. Fasting. Jimmy Moore joins us again to discuss the incredible benefits to fasting and how important it is to get your body into Ketosis before doing a fast.
If you missed part 1 of this interview, just click here >> Getting Started on a Ketogenic Diet with Jimmy Moore
Jimmy Moore catapulted onto the health scene in 2004 after a phenomenal 180-pound weight loss enabled him to come off of prescription drugs for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and respiratory problems. He is the energetic personality behind the über-popular blog Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb and the host of the longest-running and one of the top-ranked iTunes health podcasts, The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show. Jimmy also hosts two other active podcasts Keto Talk With Jimmy Moore & The Doc and Fasting Talk with Jimmy Moore and Dr. Jason Fung Featuring Megan Ramos along with the retired podcast Ask The Low-Carb Experts and the departed Low-Carb Conversations. He has interviewed over 1200 of the world’s top health experts and has dedicated his life to helping people get the best information possible about living healthy so they can make the right decisions for their health. Jimmy is an engaging speaker who has been invited to speak all around the world, including the UK, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and across the United States. He is the international bestselling author of The Complete Guide To Fasting,The Ketogenic Cookbook, Keto Clarity, and Cholesterol Clarity. Learn more about Jimmy and his work at http://www.livinlavidalowcarb.com
Now that you’ve met Jimmy, lets get to the amazing info provided in this episode!
Topics we covered:
- Why it is so important to get yourself into a Ketogenic state before you fast.
- With weight loss taken off the table – the health benefits of fasting include:
– Healing starts to occur in the body.
– Insuline regulates.
– Decrease inflammation.
– Help you naturally transition off certain medications
- Who is fasting not appropriate for? According to Jimmy…
– If you are underweight or malnourished
– If you are pregnant or nursing
– Any child under the age of 15
– If you have suffered or are currently suffering from an eating disorder
- An alternate day fast versus a continuos fast.
- Should I be worried about losing muscle on a fast?
- The importance of refueling after a fast.