It seems that there are a lot of people who have become business “experts” these days on Instagram. While I can’t speak for the legitimacy of these people, I can offer thoughts on how you might stand out from the crowd.
Define who you are specifically serving. In other words, target and know your niche.
Are you helping:
- Moms who have just become empty nesters start their first business from home?
- 9 to 5ers who are currently transitioning after getting laid off from the pandemic?
- Women who require an easy and practical Low FODMAP diet on the go?
Of course, you want to help everyone with your business, and that’s a great and noble pursuit. But at the end of the day, if you try to help everyone, you’ll help no one effectively.
Hence, pick your niche and hone in on exactly who/what that is.
For example, if you’re a fitness coach, you don’t help everyone get healthy. You help a specific group of people. Consider things, like your customers’:
Have faith in God that you are going to help that person who you’re perfectly shaped to help.
Don’t start second guessing and thinking things, like:
“Well, but if I say I just help moms, then that’s too small of a group. Some of my stuff could apply to people who aren’t moms!”
Let me tell you, there’s almost no such thing as too small a niche. Are you kidding? In 2020!?
In your business, speak specifically to your super niched audience on Instagram — because in doing so, you will stand out.
This blog was inspired by a segment on a recent episode of Build Your Tribe dedicated to answering common questions on growing your business on Instagram! For much more on this topic, like:
- How many hashtags can you use?
- Is it still relevant to try and grow a brand on IG or should you look at other platforms?
- What is more important for reaching new followers – posting to Stories or Feed?
- How to know what size hashtag grouping you should have?
- How to get over being nervous on Lives?
Then, check out the episode here:
And don’t forget to subscribe to BYT for weekly shows aimed at helping you crush your social media game!