My family and I have an annual tradition — called, “10 Envelopes” — we’ve been doing since our children were very young. Today, I explain this uplifting ritual in detail and why performing an act of kindness for a total stranger can inspire both of you. I’ll also challenge you to start your very own holiday tradition!
You’ll find out:
- Who prompted me to record this episode for you earlier than usual
- How we felt right after 9/11
- All the details behind this tradition
- Why what’s in the envelope has very little to do with touching people’s hearts
- How to approach the stranger
- Our experience doing this tradition last year, during Covid
- Places we like to go to perform this tradition
- Why it’s important to have a plan to execute this tradition
- Why I’m sharing this tradition publicly
Check out sample letters:
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #769 – Dealing with Toxic Family During the Holidays
Leave me a message about this episode!