I recently polled my over 700k followers on Instagram and asked “What subject lines have you read that made you open that email?”
With over 26k responses, I feel the results are super telling and instructive! So today, I’ll share the top 25 subject lines that grabbed people’s attention and — most importantly — made them open the email. You may be surprised at the winners VS what I loved the most. But either way, the hope is that this episode provides ideas and guidance for your next email subject line!
You’ll find out:
- The importance of making the subject line something people asked for
- What is a clickbait email
- What is leading with the transformation
- What is a value-based email
- Why you should use all lower case letters in your subject lines (usually)
- Why you should reframe (some of) the subject lines below so that they work for you / your brand
- Sneak peek into next week’s Quick Tip Tuesday
Best Email Subject Lines (from my poll) in no particular order:
- do you need a butt-kicking?
- order tracking update
- what’s next???
- you’re special and so is this…
- your order is on the way
- I need your help
- open your eyes
- Buy one get one free
- hang out with me for an hour
- I am 💩 my pants excited
- did you do this?
- very boring, but very important (please read)
- I screwed up / I’m sorry / I blew it
- our biggest ______ of the year (fill in the blank: giveaway, sale, tip, event, takeaway, etc.)
- Action required
- per our conversation… can I ask a question? (or… can I ask a favor?)
- you’re gorgeous
- have you given up on this?
Examples of Transformational subject lines:
- wanna gain 10,000 followers overnight?
- lose 10 pounds over the holidays!
- finally, relief from anxiety!
- get an extra hour of sleep tonight
- enjoy your most productive week ever
- younger-looking skin in 30 days!
Examples of Fear of Missing Out / Setting the Urgency / Time Sensitive subject lines:
- don’t let your 33% off membership exclusive slip away
- last opportunity in 2021
- Last chance! This goes away at midnight
- limited run
- limited quantities
- Hurry! Selling out fast!
- we’ll never make this offer again
- just a few spots left! (first come, first serve)
Examples of Curiosity (“what the heck?”) subject lines:
- I took my mom to buy a rubber dress
- the time that I peed my pants in public
- the most expensive mistake I ever made
- well, that was embarrassing
Any subject line that uses the word sale (but keep in mind these are more likely to end up in the spam folder):
- our biggest sale of the year
- our Black Friday sale
- because we love you – flash sale today!
Examples of Value-Based email subject lines:
- my top 5 Spotify playlists for workouts
- download my free social media content calendar
- 5 binge-worthy Netflix series
- CliffsNotes of the 3 best books I’ve read this year
- my top 10 holiday picks
- steal these top 25 email subject lines (which I’ll be sending to MIA members!)
Examples of simple email subject lines:
- zip in, check out
- what’s up?
- how are you? no really, how are you?
- please open
- please read
- please respond
- thinking about you
Examples of controversial subject lines:
- you deserve to know the truth
- this shocked me
- I am speechless 😮🙊
- I have never shared this publicly before
- why I left the fitness industry
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Check out InstaClubHub! The ONLY All-In-One Instagram Resource Community Designed To… Grow Your Following and Reach More Customers on Instagram™ (All in Just Five Minutes a Day!)
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #484 – How to Get Their Best Email |Quick Tip Tuesday
Leave me a message about this episode!