True friendship is a 2-way street. It’s a mutual relationship where you share your greatest joys, worst fears, biggest accomplishments, and deepest sorrows. But not all friends value reciprocity. There are friendships that are one-sided or just feel like too much work to maintain. Situations such as this may lead one to wonder, “Why am I even friends with this person?” Well, in today’s episode, I’ll help as I share my 7 signs it may be time to let go of a friendship.
You’ll find out…
- Why we struggle with the decision to let a friend go
- What options you have when realizing a friendship is over
- The only time when you might want to explain to someone why you want to move on from the friendship
- The importance of not judging a friendship based on a current season
- The questions you need to ask yourself when conflicted over a friendship
- How I realized I was seeking out the wrong friends back in the day
- How to recognize if you’re being yourself in a friendship
- Why it’s selfish to stay in a friendship for another person’s happiness
- When “remember when” stories just don’t cut it anymore
- How I define immature in a friend and why I won’t tolerate it
- Personal anecdotes in regard to friendships in my life that fizzled
Important Links from the Show
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #266 – How To Create Amazing Friendships
Leave me a message about this episode!