Imagine being a creative — who depends on in-person performances to make a living — finding ways to thrive during a pandemic. Well, today, Brock interviews not-so-typical entrepreneur, Bret Shuford — Broadway actor, life coach and podcaster. They’ll discuss what it’s like to pursue a career as an artist, how he and his husband were able to create additional streams of income in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds and how any entrepreneur — not just the creative type — can do the same!
You’ll find out:
- Different streams of income Bret explores
- How Bret and his husband shifted their priorities early on in the pandemic
- How Bret keeps up with all his content production
- How Bret knew it was the right time to bring someone onto his team
- The biggest misconception for artists / creatives re: finding a side hustle
- Why having a Plan B matters, especially for artists
- How is building a business as an artist different from someone who isn’t a creative type
- Tips for artists to get started with a side hustle
- Bret’s first business
- Bret’s biggest lesson learned overseeing several businesses
- How Bret goes about promoting his services without falling into the trap of selling
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Learn More about Bret at, BretShuford.com
Follow Bret on Instagram, @bretshuford
Follow Bret and his husband Stephen, @broadwayhusbands
Subscribe to The Broadway Husbands Podcast
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #461 – Opera Singer Turned Entrepreneur with Chelsea Hart Melcher | Balancing Business and Family
Leave me a message about this episode!