Be More Likable by Being Curious
Have you ever wondered if there’s something you do that causes people to dislike you? In this CarSmart episode, Chalene shares some things you may be doing unknowingly that can tend to irritate people or turn them away. It never feels good to wonder if someone likes you. Learn Chalene’s best tips to become likable and win anyone over!
In this episode, I’ll teach you how you can be more curious about other people and why you must be curious in order to win people over. To do so, you need to start by asking more questions. You will be a lot more likable if you show sincere interest in others. Having a list of universal questions prepared in advance will truly help you out. For instance, if you invest time into building a list of questions that you could potentially ask anyone, it will be easier for you to remember what you can ask someone when the time comes?
Curious Questions You Can Ask Anyone
Here is a list of questions you can use for reference to build your own list! Questions like these are great, for you are showing interest in the other person by asking them to reflect on their past and seek out what the future holds for them.
- What did you do before this job?
- Where did you grow up?
- How long have you lived here?
- Do you love what you do?
- What’s your favorite thing about what you do?
- What does a typical day in your life look like?
- Your job title sounds interesting, what does it mean?
- What job do you think you’d be really good at?
- Do you have kids?
- What is something that your friends would consider “so you”?
- What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- Who inspires you to be better?
- How do you relax after a hard day at work?
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
- What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
- What are you most looking forward to in the next 10 years?
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
- What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
What You Will Learn in This Episode About Being More Likable
Be genuinely curious and ask more questions. (3:45)
How to build empathy for people. (7:00)
Why it is so helpful to prepare a list of universal questions you can use to be curious wherever you go. (8:00)
I hope you enjoyed this CarSmart episode. If you have any questions you LOVE to ask people, feel free to send me a message and let me know what they are! I’d love to hear. Remember, it’s timed to stop wondering whether or not people like you and BE more likable. To do this, once again, be curious and be kind!
Important Links from the Show
If you liked this episode, listen to Episode 311 – How to Worry Less | Quick Tips to Manage Anxiety. Stop worrying about what people think by managing your anxiety!
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: [email protected]