Whether or not you have kids, this episode will prove valuable and provide insight. Because hey, we’re all the child of someone! Today, I share some of the biggest mistakes parents make and how to avoid them.
You’ll find out:
- Why it’s so important to hide any misery (you might be feeling) from your children
- How kids internalize their parents’ unhappiness
- Examples of laying on the guilt to a child
- How not to teach gratitude to your children
- What happens to children longterm when there’s an underlying tension in the household
- Studies on children growing up in homes with chronic interpersonal conflict
- Why it’s crucial to remember that kids are always listening
- Why you must role-model what you want for your kids
- What your child is (often) hearing when you criticize them and/or their decisions
- How to teach your kids the skills to believe in themselves
- Why it’s so beneficial to give your children the experience of providing for themselves
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #586 – How to Help Your Kids Cope with Change Uncertainty and Disappointment
Leave me a message about this episode!