While having boundaries in life is certainly a good and healthy thing, there are times when it can become problematic. Today, I break down this topic, sharing: the 3 types of boundaries, how boundaries affect different kinds of relationships (from kids to partners to in-laws), when boundaries become rigid/unhealthy/inconsistent, how to establish healthy boundaries, and more!
You’ll find out:
- The impetus for why I wanted to do this episode
- What is a boundary
- Examples of boundaries re: different relationships (e.g., with kids, friends, romantic partners, in-laws, etc.).
- What are overly rigid boundaries that, in the long run, will hurt you
- Why a boundary is a fence and not a brick wall
- Why people with no boundaries tend to have no real identity
- What healthy boundaries look like (with lots of examples)
- How consistency plays a role in setting up boundaries
- How to communicate a boundary (the right way / the wrong way)
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #688 – How to Embrace Negative Feedback
Leave me a message about this episode!