In this episode I talk about how to approach getting someone to change. We all have people in our lives that exhibit habits and behaviors that we know they should change. However, it is so important to understand that how you approach that loved one is critical to the progress of change. In this episode I will share with you the tips and best practices for creating change in an individual.
Discussed in this episode:
- How to approach someone correctly about change.
- How to inspire someone to change.
- Change from someone has to start with you. You have to want change in their life for their benefit, not for yours.
- The other person must be open to change. It’s important to understand that the habits and behaviors that you think should change are how this individual controls situations in their life. So by asking them to change that habit or behavior, you are asking them to give up control; which can be a very hard thing to do.
- It’s important to look at yourself and your approach when you want someone to change.
- Do not take it personally when someone exhibits a behavior or habit that you think should be changed; this most likely stems from an early life experience and doesn’t have to do with you.
Links from this episode:
- My 30 Day Push Program for goal setting and organization: www.30daypush.com
- My 7 Day Eat Clean Train Mean Challenge: www.cj7day.com
- PUSH Book: http://www.amazon.com/PUSH-Turbocharged-Habits-Bangin-Deserve/dp/1609613333/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1339437518&sr=8-5
- Free videos for creating life balance and improving relationships: www.smartsuccessseminar.com