A study from Harvard University is reporting that soda, sports drinks, and sugary beverages increase our risk of dying from heart disease, breast cancer, and colon cancer — just to name a few. This study may be new, but the research on this dates back almost 20 years. It’s not the consumption of sugar, or fructose, or glucose that causes cancer… but, rather, the amount we’re consuming. The more sugar you take in (even unknowingly), the more you crave it. In this episode, I promise to give you solutions and explain how I (yes, me!) was a full blown junkie level addict to diet soda!
You’ll also learn…
- Why it’s important to adopt an approach vs a diet
- The importance of tracking your diet
- My personal diet soda journey (including, drive thru’s, fitness videos, and how I knocked the addiction)
- What the brand new science on sugar and diet soda vs regular is saying
- Why sugar is sugar is sugar (regardless of the source) and how it affects your body
- How I continue to be a work in progress re: sweeteners (e.g., stevia, splenda, etc.)
- Why you’re hungry all the time
- The truth behind juice cleanses
- Why and how to get your kids to stop drinking sugary drinks
Important Links from the Show
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #288 – Stop Craving Carbs Sugar and Junk food Naturally
Leave me a message about this episode!