Fasting to Reduce PMS Symptoms
Let’s talk about menstruation, a.k.a. the “girly” stuff. Eager to reduce PMS symptoms? I’m sure everyone can agree that PMSing is not a glorious time. My husband can definitely vouch for that. Are you sick of feeling irritable, moody, fatigued, and simply just gross those few days before your period? I’m going to share my top solution to beating all of those PMS symptoms. You guessed it… fasting.
First off, I know you’re probably thinking of all the sweet cravings you indulge on around that time of the month AND how you couldn’t possibly survive the cramping pain without giving in to them… but I want you to hear me out. Fasting is now being talked of in the media more than ever before, and naturally, mistakes with approaching fasting safely are being made. The approach to fasting is serious business, and as taught in the 131 Method, proper body preparation is essential. I have some tips for you on identifying if it’s safe for you to fast and how you can reduce your PMS symptoms and get your reproductive health on track with the benefits of fasting. Now, this clearly may not be the episode for everyone, but I guarantee you there is something for all to learn here (so gents… you should listen in as well).
What You Will Learn In This Podcast on Fasting For PMS
- Why Chalene fasted during the most recent MIA LIVE to reduce period symptoms (2:30)
- You are NOT an ideal candidate for fasting if… (3:30)
- Why we should honor our menstrual cycles and support them as naturally as possible. (11:15)
- Why practicing fasting during menstruation is something you should give a go. (13:00)
- 2 research studies you should check out in regards to PCOS, menstrual health, mental health, and overall well being of women when they practice fasting during menstruation to reduce PMS symptoms. The links to these research studies can be found at the bottom of this page. (13:10)
- Chalene’s highlights from fasting on her cycle to eliminate PMS symptoms. (13:35)
- If you’re under a lot of stress, you shouldn’t fast. Here’s why… (15:30)
- How Instagram is being used as a tool to measure health, and why we must stop falling into its trap. (17:35)
This episode touches a pretty sensitive topic, but menstruation is a beautiful bodily process that we shouldn’t treat lightly. If any of you current “131ers” out there are interested in trying a fast to prepare for your next menstrual cycle, be sure to connect with me at [email protected] and let me know how it goes! I want to hear all about it.
If you are interested in reading the research articles mentioned in this podcast, be sure to visit the links below.
If you liked this Car Smart episode and feel that the “F” word (fasting, of course) is of interest to you, go and check out Episode 243 – Fasting For Fat Loss with Jimmy Moore.
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: [email protected]