I have covered the topic of ADD and ADHD on many prior episodes — from how it affects my daily life to the habits and coping mechanisms I developed to ensure my success. Today, I want to help you understand what it’s like as a child with ADD or ADHD and how you, as a parent, can help them become happy, successful and productive adults.
You’ll find out:
- Why it’s so important to get a diagnosis for ADHD (if you suspect you have it)
- Why getting a brain SPECT is the way to go
- The kind of ADHD I have
- Why I feel like I had an advantage growing up with my dad (who had the same type of ADHD)
- Why it’s imperative to learn everything possible about the way an ADHD brain works
- The 3 components needed to live and thrive with ADHD
- Why it’s crucial to educate yourself on how to parent a child with ADHD
- Why it’s so important to create an environment that supports ADHD
- Why getting your child with ADHD into sports and/or other physical activities (they love) is a game-changer
- What is to think big picture and why it matters
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Find out more about the Amen Clinics
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #474 – Coping with a Loved One Who Has ADD or ADHD with Bret Johnson