I believe if we understand how / why our mindset and beliefs are formed, then we have a really good chance of changing them for the better. In this episode, I’ll explain how we create self-limiting beliefs — often from an early age — and what we need to do to change them! By doing so, you’ll create a more positive and healthy mindset today!
- How my parents labeled my siblings and I
- How the labels / dialogue / beliefs we’re exposed to as children ALL begin to shape our early mindset
- How external dialogue results in our internal dialogue
- Why we repeat apparent truths to ourselves until we actually believe them to be true
- The power of repetition re: what we desire
- Why we often look for evidence that back up our beliefs
- My suggestion on thinking about a time you had evidence that didn’t support a belief
- Why and how we self-sabotage in an effort to protect our beliefs (even when they don’t serve us)
- Why you must clean house (e.g., social media, people you decide to hang with) to improve your mindset
- Personal anecdotes with people in my life who allowed their environment to dictate their mindset
Important Links from the Show
Leave me a message at (619) 500-4819
Sign up for Marketing Impact Academy at a once in a lifetime discounted rate! chalene.com/miaprivate
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #511 – The Best of Mindset and Motivation 2019
Leave me a message about this episode!