Today’s keeping-it-real episode is inspired by a recent thought provoking and, perhaps, controversial post from my Instagram Stories. Now, while the title suggests it’s about all things mom, I promise that dads — and any parent-to-be — will find the content super helpful!
If you’re a parent and looking to live an all-around better quality life, this show is a MUST-LISTEN!
You’ll find out…
- The details behind my IG Story that inspired this episode
- The importance of finding a mentor / speaker who aligns with your priorities
- Why / how so many leaders in the speaking world — who happen to be moms — aren’t exactly honest about their lives
- Personal anecdotes from my life about how / why Bret and I decided to outsource some “mom duties” (when we were broke), how I felt about it, and the impact it had on our lives
- How staying organized is imperative for your brain health, especially for a parent
- How Bret and I realized we couldn’t afford NOT to have help
- How our roles as parents (and even business owners) improved because of investing in getting help around the house
- The duties I would hand over to my “life assistant,” Kristin, because no parent can or should do everything
- How and why, ironically, my recent lifestyle change — empty nester, downsizing home — has prompted me to seek help around the home again
- Why it’s inauthentic for moms, who are leaders in the speaking world, to give the impression they’re doing it all
- Why you gotta be honest about the image you’re portraying in Social Media
- Suggestions on reaching out to your fave influencer (who seems to do it all)
- My Call To Action to female Influencers
- Why it’s critical to keep your priorities straight, in general, but especially as a parent
Important Links from the Show
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #390 – Are You A Good Parent? | Quieting Mom Guilt
Leave me a message about this episode!