Magdalena is a Certified Holistic Health Coach accredited by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. She received her education from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City. Before becoming a health coach, she had a long, fast-paced career as a strategic planner for the advertising powerhouse called WPP in both Asia and the US. She is also a regular Vipassana (insightful) meditation practitioner and a Level II reiki healer (a form of energy healing).
Her own journey with health issues, and the failure of the medical world to adequately address them, started with Graves’ Disease (an autoimmune condition that causes hyperthyroidism) in 2001, later Hashimoto’s Disease in 2008 (an autoimmune conditions that causes hypothyroidism) and adrenal fatigue stage 2. In 2012 she was diagnosed with estrogen dominance and high heavy metal toxicity.
Every part of her journey made her wiser, kinder and more patient. Today she’s in remission from Graves’ and Hashimoto’s, her adrenals feel rested and she has managed to reverse estrogen dominance. She feels better today as a 40-year-old woman than she did in her twenties.
As part of this exciting, often frustrating and self-discovering journey, she founded Thyroid Diet Coach, a highly successful nutrition coaching practice helping women with thyroid conditions to heal and thrive. Hormones Balance is the expansion of her practice.
Every part of her healing journey had elements of significant dietary and lifestyle changes. She now believes in good, clean food and no restricted dieting.
The key focus of her work lies in the restoration of the digestive system, balance of a person’s sugar levels, liver detoxification and emotional wellbeing, like self-love. She doesn’t believe in supplements and miracle powders. She puts her trust in the healing powers of real food, sleep and emotional healing.
– How her background and upbringing directed her towards nutrition when she was fighting multiple autoimmune diseases.
– What are the signs that nutrition is affecting your hormones?
– How the health of your gut contributes to your overall health.
– Magdalena recommends that you first look at healing your gut by removing – gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, corn, nightshade vegetables (peppers/potatoes/eggplant/tomatoes), and sugar.
– Magdalena is a big supporter of drinking bone broth because of how amazing it is for your body and the healing properties it offers.
– Proper supplementation.
– The impact of sugar on your health and how it is added to almost everything we consume.
– Tips for having a better functioning liver – fasting (3 to 10 days) and detoxification.
– Our liver detoxifies our body from everything, including hormones.
– Liver does most of its work from 1 to 3 am, so it’s damaging to the liver when we eat late. It is unable to regenerate properly.
– How to find out more about what Magdalena does.
Links from this episode:
Magdalena’s website: www.hormonesbalance.com
Cooking for balance: www.cookingforbalance.com
List of farmers markets: www.localharvest.org
Hormone’s Balance on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Hormonesbalance
Hormone’s Balance on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hormonesbalance
Hormone’s Balance on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcTSimsaVGX7-wxLt_PcuVw