There might be a multitude of reasons as to why you’re seeking, or will seek, a therapist. Regardless, I believe everyone should, at some point, be in therapy — whether currently going through a tough season or for preventative care. So today, I’ll break down WHEN it’s time to actually seek a therapist, WHERE to start your search, and tips on HOW to land the one who’s right for you.
You’ll find out:
- How many therapists I’ve seen (in my life) on a regular basis
- Why most people stay stuck
- When it’s time to seek a therapist
- Where to start in your search for a therapist
- How to narrow down your therapy search
- Our approach, at Team Johnson, re: therapy for our staff
- Why you shouldn’t shop (for a therapist) based on price
- Tips on how to reach out to individual therapists
- What to say (to the therapist) when you’re not sure about returning
- What to look for (in a therapist) while in session
- Why you should write down what you’re looking for re: therapist
- Why you’ve got to be patient in your search for a therapist
- Thoughts on psychiatrists
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Past episodes featuring Dr. Mcayla:
Thank you to Talkspace.com! Use the code CHALENE and get $100 off your first month!
Leave me a message about this episode!