In a past episode, I covered the topic of emotional intimacy. Afterward, I received countless messages from listeners saying they were unsure as to how to go about achieving it. So, to kick off our Romance Challenge Month, I welcome Alisa and Tony DiLorenzo — intimacy experts, podcasters, authors. They’ll share the meaning of emotional intimacy, plus very practical and realistic ways to improve your relationship!
You’ll find out:
- Why so many people tend to struggle with what intimacy really means
- The intent people have when reading a book about intimacy issues
- How common is it for one partner wanting to do the work vs both
- What my audience said was their top concern re: emotional intimacy (and the DiLorenzos response)
- Where we pick up our emotional intimacy skills or lack thereof
- How to learn emotional intimacy if it was never role-modeled in your family
- What is possible (as in, the result) when consulting with marriage/intimacy experts
- How the pillar of emotional intimacy effects the other intimacy pillars
- Verbal and non verbal communication that hurts emotional intimacy
- How Tony introduces Alisa
- Why HOW you say is as important as WHAT you say
- How to ask for the tone you need (from your partner)
- What to do if your partner isn’t able/willing to communicate
- How couples should think of therapy
- Why balance is a funny word in marriage
- Is there usually one partner in a relationship who’s the catalyst for wanting/making change?
- Tips to get the marriage coaching process started (when your partner is reluctant)
- What events we need to be aware of to safeguard our emotional intimacy
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Listen to Alisa and Tony’s Podcast: One Extraordinary Marriage Show
Learn More about Tony and Alisa at: OneExtraordinaryMarriage.com
Follow OneExtraordinaryMarriage on Instagram
Check out their book The 6 Pillars of Intimacy
Pick up your 88 Great Conversation Starters Cards
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #767: Emotional Intimacy
Leave me a message about this episode!