What is Leaky Gut, How Does It Affect You & What Can You Do About It?
80% of the population has leaky gut. What is leaky gut? How do you get it? And how do you heal yourself? I answer all of these questions and more in this Car Smart episode. If you have bloating, your face or eyes are puffy, your joints ache, you’re always getting injured or sick, you can’t lose weight, and feeling like crap is the new norm, this episode is for you! It’s not too late to fix it, but it will take some education and doing things differently. Here’s what you need to know about leaky gut.
As many of you know, I’m recovering from a hamstring avulsion injury, which is doing very well by the way! Nonetheless, as I was leaving the physical therapist, the thought for this episode came to me, and I wanted to share it with you.
My therapist mentioned another client, a marathon runner with chronic injuries. He was shocked to find that she was deficient in many different vitamins and minerals because her “nutrition was 100% dialed in.”
But what does that really mean and how could you possibly know? Even if someone is eating “clean” or “healthy” foods, but they’re getting the wrong macronutrients, or they have leaky gut, those nutrients might not be getting absorbed. That’s why today, I want to talk to you about leaky gut.
What You Will Learn In This Podcast on Leaky Gut:
- 80% of the population today has leaky gut. Find out the role toxins play in this. (3:25)
- How our bodies naturally try to rid themselves of toxins and how this process is involved in inflammation. (4:00)
- How your digestive tract works and the yoga pants analogy for leaky gut. (7:30)
- Why lack of sleep, toxins, and inflammatory foods contribute to inflammation due to not giving the body a chance to rest. (10:30)
- If you want to lose weight, it’s not about calories, it’s about hormones and digestive health. (13:00)
- Why focusing on calories and exercise for weight loss won’t fix the problem and can in fact make it worse. (14:45)
- How to education yourself on fixing your gut health and the first steps to take. (15:00)
The good news is that it’s not too late! You can fix leaky gut, reduce inflammation, balance your hormones, and recover your health! While this episode isn’t intended to be a 131 Method promo, this is one way to educate yourself on making these changes and finding the right way of eating specifically for YOU – because we are all different.
If it’s not me that helps you fix this issue via the 131 Method, I really hope you will take steps to educate yourself on this matter. Your health depends on it!
Lastly, in case you haven’t already heard, we’re taking The Chalene Show on the road! Want to bring the show to your city? Subscribe to the podcast! We are hitting up areas with the most subscribers. To see the our upcoming events go to www.chalene.com/chaleneshowlive.
I hope you found this episode helpful! I want you to be your best. You are the bomb dot com, but listen, we all have room for improvement, right? Thanks for tuning in with me for this episode from my car. I love you! Mean it!
Important Links from the Show
The Chalene Show is brought to you by: www.131movement.com
Stop dieting & start living!
The Chalene Show is going on the road!
Subscribe to the show to bring Chalene to you! For our upcoming locations go to:
If you liked this episode, check out “Stop Craving Carbs Sugar and Junk Food Naturally.”
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: [email protected]
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: [email protected]