On today’s CarSmart, I share a very personal experience — the step by step process of an Intervention — dealing with a family member who struggled with addiction. In the event you’re ever presented with the very real, complicated, difficult and harrowing scenario of trying to get a loved one the help they need, I truly hope my story will help lift some of the worry and anxiety.
- The details behind my family member’s addiction
- How my relative was enabled (and by whom)
- How I came onto deciding that intervention might be the only answer in saving my loved one’s life
- My research on intervention
- The step by step process of the intervention my family had for our (close to death) loved one
- Why having an Interventionist is imperative for your intervention
- The outcome of the intervention and update on my relative today
Important Links from the Show
For help go to:
Books by Melody Beattie
Links about Interventions:
Learn more about Jeff Jay
Get the book, Love First
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #540 – Understanding Adult Children of Alcoholics or Addicts
Leave me a message about this episode!