Recently, I discovered that I’ve been reading books far more frequently than ever before. This habit has brought immense value and joy to my life! Because of which, I decided to provide tips on how you, too, can read more. In addition, I’ll share 12 books I read this year that opened up (and expanded) my mind and heart. Now, more than ever, we need to be reading books as they provide a healthy escape from everyday life, including: social media, television and the news.
You’ll also find out:
- Why I’ve been reading more than I ever have
- Why those born after 1990 don’t understand what real boredom feels like
- Why people are reading less and less
- How many books I read on average
- My permission to quit reading a book (and when you should)
- How I’ve been able to read more books this year than ever before
- Why I feel I have an obligation to teach people how to use social media responsibly
- How I recommend to listen to an audible book
- Why it’s crucial to set aside time for a book every day (and how much time that should be)
- Why I recommend listening to books
- Why I read books by authors whose perspective I may not understand
- My book recommendations, both for audible and hard copy
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Physical Book Recommendations
- Becoming Better Grownups by Brad Montague
- I Need Your Love – Is that True? By Byron Katie
- Exactly What to Say by Phil Jones
- Creating Moments of Joy for the Person with Alzheimer’s or Dementia by Jolen Brackey
- White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
- Black Out by Candace Owens
Go to Audible.com/CHALENE to get a Free Book!
Audible Book Recommendations
- The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by Johns Mark Comer
- We Need to Talk by Celeste Headlee
- Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg
- 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do by Amy Morin
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
- Darling Days by IO Tillett Wright
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #503 – 11 Must Watch Documentaries | CarSmart Edition
Leave me a message about this episode!