If you like your occasional glass of wine — or even on the regular — but are also heath conscious, then this is the episode for you! Today, I welcome Todd White, founder of Dry Farm Wines and a Biohacker. He’ll explain why some wines make us feel like crap the next day, the difference between wines in the United States vs wines in other countries, why/how wine labels are so confusing (and misleading), and what is actually going on in your body when alcohol is consumed.
You’ll find out:
- Why natural wines is a confusing term
- What organic wine really means
- What is sustainably farming re: wine
- How long the alcohol industry has been in collusion with the government
- Why you can’t buy natural wines at the store (and where to find them)
- When, in our history, wine was actually natural
- The 3 cornerstones of natural wine
- Todd explains what exactly is a Dry Farm Wine
- What are the criteria for Dry Farm Wine
- The new surprising study re: wine and exercise
- Why/how the amount of alcohol stated on the label isn’t required to be accurate
- The science re: which is healthier — red or white wine
- What goes into aging wine (and is it better for you)
- Sulfites — in relation to wine
- What are big wines and why they taste different
- How wine can be sugar free
- The flavor difference between natural wine and conventional wine
- The process in which wine is made
- Why Todd isn’t concerned with calories re: wine
- What is biohacking
- The balance between pleasure/enjoyment and being “healthy” at all times
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at: patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
Check out Dry Farm Wines and collect your penny bottle by going to: DryFarmWines.com/chalene
Follow Dry Farm Wines on Instagram @dryfarmwines
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #757 – Why is Self Care So Hard?
Leave me a message about this episode!