Bret Johnson, my husband, is an important part of a legacy in local sports. In this CarSmart episode, Bret gets personal as he shares how his childhood experiences shaped how we parented our sports-involved kids. Listen, as we talk about our best practices for raising children who participate in athletics!
You’ll also find…
- How important it is, as a parent, to be mindful of your child’s need to please you
- Bret’s rules, including: not talking with our kid’s about their games right after they’re over and how you ONLY coach during your child’s game — but not after
- Why you should let your child decide which physical activity they want to pursue
- Why you should never express disappointment in your child’s ability
- The average length of a career in sports
- Why you shouldn’t live through or for your kids