This is the final episode of this 5 part series! Darren was my MOST requested guest for the Chalene Show and when you listen to these episodes it’s easy to understand why. I hope that will listen to all 5 episodes because each one provides you with incredible information on how to keep yourself as safe as possible online. As someone who is still recovering from a hack, I wish I had this information months ago! Take the steps to protect yourself.
Topics discussed in this episode:
– How you should be sending and receiving text messages. TIP: Text messages are NOT encrypted so you always want to make sure you’re using iMessage on your phone. We address the difference between the two.
– The things on your phone are only as safe as you keep it! Please use a passcode on your phone! A little tip, do not unlock your phone to take a photo. Just swipe up on the camera icon and take a photo that way so they don’t have access to all of your photos.
– VPN – virtual private network. Wifi is wonderful but using public wifi you’re opening yourself up to a world of hurt! Every one of the people on that free wifi, has access to what you’re doing on that same network. Always go the secure version of a website. VPN assures that all of the data that you’re sending and receiving data online is safe.
Make sure you are using a secure site when on a public network.
>> https:// versus http:// you’ll often see the lock symbol in the url
– Get cloaked – getcloacked.com This is an app you can put on your phone and on your desktop.
– How do you protect your wifi at your home? First, you always want to make sure to change the default the password. Name your wifi network that is not related to you. When you change the password you’ll see a few options:
WEP – wired equivalent privacy (least secure)
WPA – wifi protected access (more secure)
WPA2 – wifi protected access (the best)
NEVER use WEP! It’s very insecure. If you see WPA2 + AES these will keep you the MOST secured.
– Should you purchase your own router? Yes!!! A good router goes for about $90 dollars on amazon. The cable company charges you each month for the router, so you might as well use your own. Theirs might not provide you with the best security or up to date security options.
Hey! Did you know Build Your Tribe has been resurrected? We had so many request to revive this show, so we brought it back. Listen Now >> https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/build-your-tribe
Already a devoted listener to The Chalene Show? Leave a voice message about what topics you’d like to hear on the show or your feedback on a particular episode >> LEAVE A MESSAGE. Chalene would also love for you to leave a review on iTunes! It’s kind of like her tip jar >> LEAVE A REVIEW.
Chalene’s Courageous Confidence Club: www.courageousconfidenceclub.com
This program gives you the tools you need to build confidence in every area of your life. You are supported by a group of people who are going through the program with you and are a sounding board for decisions and opportunities. This program will get you unstuck from your current situation and will teach you the steps needed to get your life in the direction you want!
For help with goal setting and determining your life’s priorities, check out Chalene’s 30 Day Push Program: www.30daypush.com
For health and fitness advice from Chalene, head to www.cj7day.com to download her FREE program with complementary workout videos!
Connect with Chalene:
Chalene on Facebook: www.facebook.com/chalene
Chalene on Instagram: www.instagram.com/chalenejohnson
Chalene on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/chalenejohnson
Chalene on Twitter: www.twitter.com/chalenejohnson
Chalene on Youtube: www.youtube.com/chalenejohnson
Some of my Instagram Accounts: