Social Media: How to Set Boundaries for Success
Have you ever gotten sucked into the endless spiral of social media? Are you sick of wasting time scrolling, but you don’t know how to stop? Social media consumes a lot of our energy. In order to be truly creative and lift others up with our own content, we need to detach from this habit of taking in everybody else’s. Chalene shares the boundaries she has when it comes to social media that don’t affect the success of her business.
A month ago, my son Brock, who is still in his first years of building his business, told me that he was going to be signing off of social media for the duration of his football season. When he told me this, right away I was like “WHATTTT?”. It took me by complete surprise that he thought this would be a good idea in the early stages of his business. But then he talked me through his decision and why it was what he needed. I then came to the realization that he knew what he was doing. To hear more about his social media detox and his progress with it today (a month in), you’ve got to listen in!
What You Will Learn In This Podcast About Setting Boundaries with Social Media:
- Social media is killing your energy. (4:00)
- Why it’s impossible to be creative when on social media. (5:00)
- How your ability to focus is being hindered. (6:20)
- What to do if you are making the excuse to go on social media for fear of falling behind. (8:20)
- Struggling with finding patience? This may be why. (9:00)
- How social media often kills our ability to connect with real people. (9:45)
- How social media impacts our happiness AND our sex lives. (10:10)
- AND MORE!
Thanks for listening in to this episode! I hope you were able to resonate with this message and that you’ve found hope in breaking your social media addiction. Remember, YOU are so smart and so creative. You can’t forget to give yourself time to detach from everyone else’s content and cultivate your inner thoughts and dreams to make your own.
Important Links from the Show:
To listen to the BYT episode where Brock speaks about important lessons he’s learned in his first year of business, click here.
If you liked this episode, check out Episode 321 – Five Minutes to More Freedom.
Leave me a message about this episode!