I’ve had a crazy busy week — so, I’m super thankful to our PodSquad for coming up with today’s topic! On today’s show, Bret and I share how (we feel) we were able to help both Brock and Cierra become independent young adults. By no means do we think we were/are the perfect parents! However, we do take great pride for being on the same page when it comes to teaching our kids — starting at a young age — how to be self sufficient and take responsibility for themselves. You’ll hear the specific teachings which helped our children be ready for adulting!
You’ll also find out:
- What is teaching your kids pen to paper
- Why we never gave our kids deadlines
- The most crucial thing you can teach your kids
- The importance of teaching your children to fix their own mistakes and deal with their own problems (and how)
- What to teach your kids about failure
- How to guide your children to be capable
- What we didn’t teach our kids that we, now, wish we had
- Why we never cared about our kids’ grades in school, especially college
- Why Brock began to focus less on his grades at college
- Teaching your children about the gift of abundance
- Why it paralyzes your kids to push identity and performance on them
- How a budget app will help your children when they begin adulting (and you, too!)
- Why it didn’t make sense for Cierra to do a 4-year program at her school
- The importance of teaching what it feels like to be clean and neat VS telling your kids to be clean and neat
- Why I asked Bret not to cook for the kids as they got older
- Why / how being resourceful is one of the most beneficial things to teach your children
- How to be careful with the seduction of rejection (and what that means)
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #586 – How to Help Your Kids Cope with Change Uncertainty and Disappointment
Leave me a message about this episode!