Difficult conversations can be really stressful and anxiety-inducing, but the fact is we all need to have them at some point. Today, I’ll help you figure out when/if you really do need to have that difficult conversation and the best (least painful) way to approach it!
You’ll find out:
- Why difficult conversations tend to be with those we’re closest with
- Questions to ask yourself — that will answer for you — if you do, indeed, need to have a difficult conversation
- Why it’s important to determine the likelihood of things changing — before you engage in the talk
- Why it’s crucial to factor in the other person’s perspective
- Why figuring out your intent/purpose behind the conversation is key
- The importance of discerning the best time (if possible) for having the conversation
- Why you must get very clear on who you need to talk to (AKA the right person vs the safest person)
- How to know if a conversation actually is the best way for a resolution
- Why, I feel, there are few truly mentally healthy people
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Leave me a message at (619) 500-4819
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #704 – Never Say These Things Even if You Mean Well