Disclaimer: This episode is strictly for the ladies (and probably NOT one to listen to with the kids around). I welcome back Dr. Kelly Casperson (urologist, podcaster). Our last chat was so eye-opening that it prompted many MORE questions — specifically, about sex. So today, I ask the doctor your uncomfortable and awkward questions — in regard to sex and the anatomy — so you don’t have to!
You’ll find out:
- A review of the female anatomy
- Why sex might be painful (for women)?
- The percentage of women who say they experience pain with sex
- How much perimenopause / menopause / hormonal changes may contribute to pain with sex
- Lube recommendation (brand and how to apply)
- How to handle conversation with your partner re: lube
- What is arousal desire mismatch
- Where to start if you have zero libido
- Why desire for sex will come if you work on the sex
- Why it might feel like you have to urinate when having an orgasm
- Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about squirting
- Why/why not you orgasm
- Why we have to expand the paradigm of what heterosexual sex is
- Thoughts on vaginal tightening to enhance sexual pleasure
- When you might need a sex therapist and where to find one
- How to change your mindset on sex (issues)
- Why hormone replacement therapy may not help your sex life
- What if both partners don’t seem to mind their sex life is lacking?
- Is it bad if your sex drive is through the roof and you can never get enough?
- Why does orgasm happen in only certain positions (for some people)?
- Why the smell of the vagina/vulva changes after menopause
- How much sex should you be having?
- Why you shouldn’t “to-do list” your sex life
- The role kids play on your sex life
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Be sure to listen to the previous episode with Dr. Kelly, Your Bladder and Lady Parts May Be Shrinking # 754
Find a Sex therapist at: aasect.org
Check out OmgYes.com to learn more about women’s pleasure
Check out the book: Rekindling Desire by Barry McCarthy
Learn more about Dr. Kelly Casperson at: kellycaspersonmd.com
Subscribe to Kelly’s podcast, You Are Not Broken
Follow Dr. Kelly Casperson on Instagram
Leave me a message about this episode!