Today, we’re taking a deep dive into the subject of eating disorders with our resident expert in all things mental health, Dr. Mcayla Sarno. The good doc and I will cover many topics you continue to inquire about, like: possible root causes, how to approach a loved one who may be struggling, the best types of treatments, and so much more!
- A voice message from a listener who opens up about discovering her childhood trauma
- How our ego protects us from trauma
- How common is it for a person to have several eating disorders?
- The underlying cause of an eating disorder
- How is an eating disorder serving someone unknowingly?
- It it true that the unresolved trauma someone might be experiencing (which led to their eating disorder) is of a sexual nature?
- What is small “t” trauma and do we all have them?
- Can you permanently heal from emotional traumas?
- What is helpful to say to someone you suspect is having an eating disorder? And what should we just completely avoid saying?
- Different treatment options
- The most permanent way to seek help
- How EMDR therapy works
- What to look for in an EMDR therapist