Why do we often care so much about what other people think? This common negative mentality has only been exacerbated by social media — giving strangers so much power over our lives. Today, I get to the root cause of this issue and provide tips on how to move past it!
You’ll find out:
- Why we actually care what others think
- Why it’s good, to a certain extent, we care what others think about us
- The point at which caring what other people think stands in the way of our greatness
- Why worrying is external
- Why / how our self-doubt starts from childhood
- The quickest way to get to the root cause of why you care what others think
- How our subconscious beliefs about ourselves play into this negative thinking pattern
- The hierarchy of people’s opinions in your life
- Personal anecdote re: sharing certain messages on IG and the reaction I got
- 2 book recommendations to help with this topic
Questions to ask yourself if you’re concerned about what other people think:
- How invested is this person in my success?
- How true is what we believe they’re going to say (how valid is their feedback / opinion)?
- What is the motivation behind someone sharing their opinion about me?
- What is the intent of this person’s feedback / opinion?
- What role does this person play in my life?
- Do I aspire to be like this person?
- Does this person know more than me?
- Is their opinion of me (or feedback) meant to lift me up or make me better?
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #612 – How to Validate Someone’s Feelings