We have mislabeled self-care and marketed it in such a way that makes us believe it’s something we — especially women — indulge in. Knowing that many people share this sentiment, I took to Instagram and asked “Why don’t you regularly prioritize self-care?” Today, I’ll reveal some of those answers, my responses to them, and how to redefine/rethink the idea of self-care.
You’ll find out:
- The #1 reason my followers said they don’t engage in self-care
- The term I’d like you to use instead self-care
- What is self-care, for me?
- How often we should practice self-care
- Why/how your self-care should have intention
- The power of putting pen to paper re: self-care
- Why we’ve defined self-care backward
- The time I lost my self-care
- Why/how boundaries are self-care
- My permission to be intentional about doing things that make you feel good
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #752 – Gut Health Inflammation and Weight Gain
Leave me a message about this episode!