As I’ve repeated over and over again, sleep is the most important thing for maintaining every aspect of your health. So today, I welcome back one of our most popular guests, Dr. Michael Breus (AKA The Sleep Doctor)! You’ll hear us discuss the latest sleep studies, why we wake up in the middle of the night, possible causes of Alzheimer’s and so much more!
You’ll also find out:
- 3 areas that have really evolved with sleep in the last few years
- At-home devices that actually work (almost) as well as a sleep laboratory
- The importance of a sleep coach
- The difference between sleep drive and sleep rhythm
- The perfect time to be intimate with your partner
- Suggestions to those who have trouble sleeping (and have tried all the things)
- The biggest issue with sleeping pills
- Thoughts on over-the-counter sleep aids
- What is the glymphatic system of the brain and how it affects your sleep
- How to use your Oura ring and Fitbit more effectively
- How discipline and acceptance should factor into your sleep life
- How caffeine and alcohol play a role with sleep
- Why you shouldn’t try to fall asleep
- What is 4-7-8 breathing
- Why it’s a bad decision to go to bed early the night after a bad night’s sleep
- What exactly is REM sleep
- Why 8 hours of sleep is a myth
- What is a quaran-dream
- Thoughts about TV / phone consumption before bed
- Why you should never nap if you have insomnia
- Are blue-light-blocking glasses really effective?
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Learn more and check out all the resources Dr. Breus has to offer at TheSleepDoctor.com
Check out Dr Breus’s Blogs
Check out the book The Power of When
Pre-Order Dr. Breus’s new book Energized
If you liked this episode, check out:
Leave me a message about this episode!