You can’t outsource being YOU. Whether it’s starring in your YouTube videos, hosting your podcast, or being the main subject in your Instagram pictures. That, again, is the sort of stuff you simply can’t delegate to others. Until they invent human cloning. Everything else, we should outsource. Well, most of us should.
I see so many entrepreneurs – friends of mine – who are literally managing million dollar businesses without any help. That, to me, is mind boggling because everybody wants more time. Right? We all want to feel more at peace.
Yet, there are plenty of reasons why a plethora of business owners won’t outsource:
- “I don’t know what I would delegate.”
- “No time to figure out what I would outsource.”
- “But I just have no idea how I would ever explain to someone how I do the things I do.”
- “I’m new in business. I can’t really justify the extra expenditure until we’ve reached a certain point.”
- “I’ll be able to save so much money if I just figure this stuff out myself.”
- “Too busy right now to manage someone else.”
- “Well, I know I need to delegate, but I just can’t find good people.”
Do any of those excuses sound like you?
Here’s the jump off point, Lifers. If you answer “yes” to four or more of the questions below, then I can tell you with complete certitude that you need to understand how to outsource. If, however, you answer “no” to most of these questions, then you’re at a stage right now in your business where you don’t need to outsource. You’re about to get your answer! Get ready, be honest, and keep count!
9 Questions That Will Determine If You’re Ready To Outsource
- Do you wish that there were more hours in the day, most days?
- Do you feel that there’s always more things that you should be doing or could be doing or should be learning or could be executing in order to take your business to the next level?
- If you had a magic wand and you could suddenly grant yourself the wish of cloning yourself, would you have enough tasks to keep your clone busy for about 10 hours a week?
- When you do what only you can do (i.e., that thing no one else can do except you), is your time worth more than minimum wage?
- Are you interested in taking your business to the next level without affecting your mental well being?
- Do you want to save your business time and money?
- Are you willing to admit that there’s a small part (well, maybe a big part) of you that’s just a little bit control freakish?
- Do you sometimes feel the reason everyone else around you must be growing their business at a faster pace (than you are) is they’re better organized and have more tools / money / resources? Or they’ve got a bigger team?
- Do you wish you had more time to sleep, rest, exercise, eat right, get organized, spend with friends and family?
Okay, if you answered “yes” to four (or more) of these questions, then – without a doubt – it’s time for you to begin delegating. You must! If you answered “no” to most of these questions, well then… you may consider yourself better informed for when you WILL have to – eventually – outsource.