Bret and I are back in the car for a very candid and touching conversation about all the changes that have recently happened in our family, including: the status of Bret’s parents and updates on the lives of our children, Brock and Cierra. Will we finally be empty nesters — again?
- Background on Bret’s dad’s story
- How Bret handled his parents’ major life changes
- What is a loop (re: Alzheimer’s)
- How Bret and I encouraged Bret’s mom to dream
- The difficult decision Bret had to make in regard to his parents
- The major change which caused Bret’s mom to be happier than she has been in years
- The lesson Bret learned, more than all things, during this challenging chapter
- Brock’s big decision with school and moving
- What Bret and I have tried to role model to our children
- What Cierra is doing now since finishing up at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Why Bret and I are super proud of our kids’ choices in these transitional times
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #591 – Life Update August 2020
Leave me a message about this episode!