Did you know that 1 in 5 people experience anxiety disorder (representing 3.6% of the population worldwide)? So, even if you don’t think this topic applies to you, personally, chances are you’ll find this episode beneficial as the information will help you be a better friend, parent, spouse or partner to anyone experiencing the symptoms explored today. You’ll hear me — along with my favorite expert, Dr. Mcayla Sarno — break down different forms of anxiety and how to cope with each.
You’ll find out…
- What exactly is anxiety
- When anxiety starts to be disabling
- The difference between having general anxiety and an anxiety attack
- Recommendations for dealing with anxiety / panic attacks
- Something to remember during a panic attack that will give you a sense of confidence
- The difference between an anxiety attack and a panic attack
- What we can do when we feel a panic attack coming on
- How you can help someone who is having a panic attack in your presence
- One of the best forms of treatment for PTSD responses that cause panic attacks
- Pros and cons re: medication as treatment
Important Links from the Show
Learn more about Dr. Mcayla
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #454 – Understanding Eating Disorders | Treatment, Triggers, and Trauma
Leave me a message about this episode!