Today, I sit down with fellow podcast host, Cathy Heller (Don’t Keep Your Day Job). Cathy is a singer / songwriter, mother of 3 young girls and has figured out how to create the life and career of her dreams. You’ll hear what it takes to make a living (and then some!) at something that’s considered, perhaps, unconventional WHILE showing up as a great and present mom! I was super inspired and got crazy educated — with my energy levels through the roof — after doing this interview! And I know you’ll feel the same!
You’ll find out…
- How to deal with the overwhelming feeling that you have to crush it with your business and be the best mom
- How the choices Cathy’s mom made influenced her (both positively and negatively)
- If it’s possible to live your purpose when you’re a full-time mom
- Why the thought of finding our purpose scares people so much
- Cathy’s background as a musician, artist
- Was Cathy’s family supportive of her dream?
- Cathy’s story/journey of being signed by a record label and then, later, dropped — and how it became a blessing in her life
- How Cathy successfully got back into the music/tv industry after working real-life / fallback type jobs
- The takeaway from Cathy’s story if you’re not in music
- Why breaking down doors isn’t about having a solution, but, rather, connecting with people
- The strategy to foster relationships in biz
- How Cathy transitioned into making her 1st online course
- The power of making it messy when producing your online course (or any creative / biz venture)
- The impetus for Cathy starting her podcast
- Why Cathy feels her pod stood out and became successful
- Cathy’s sixth sense for seeing pain in others
- Why having famous guests on your podcast doesn’t necessarily translate into popular episodes
- The formula for a successful creative venture
- Cathy’s system for productivity
- What to do when you have the right mindset to achieve your goals, but have so many responsibilities / distractions pulling you in different directions
- How Cathy cuts out all the “fat” in her day to see her projects realized
- Why we continue to tell ourselves a narrative that doesn’t serve us
- Why you’re busy for 8 hours a day pursing your thing and not getting ahead
- A personal anecdote of Cathy’s client who achieved unbelievable success with her vegan brand (including getting on Shark Tank)— in less than a year
Important Links from the Show
Check out Cathy’s podcast, Don’t Keep Your Day Job
To Learn more about Cathy go to, CathyHeller.com
Follow Cathy on Instagram @ Cathy.Heller
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #525 – Hey, Moms! Stop Pretending!
Leave me a message about this episode!