This recipe is SUPER simple and incredible yummy! Which is why I always seem to go back to it. It’s a staple in our house and it’s pretty much a requirement to have all of these ingredients available at all times. What makes this recipe even better is the fact that it can be eaten ANY time of the day. I eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner… and sometimes multiple meals a day. Hey don’t judge! When I find something I love, I eat it until I’m pretty much sick of it.
– Ezekiel Bread
– 1 Large tomato
– 1 Bell pepper
– 2 Large [organic] free range eggs
– 1 Hass avocado
– Lemon pepper & Salt
1. Get all of your ingredients out and lay them out on the counter. Wash your tomato and bell pepper with EatCleaner.
2. Cut your tomato into large slices. Then thinly slice the bell peppers, as shown in the picture. Once these are cut, set them aside so that they’re ready to go for assembly.
3. Next, cut your avocado in half and cut into long slices as shown in the photo. If you’re nervous about cutting an avocado, try out the OXO Good Grips Avocado Slicer
4. Bring a low sauce pan to a low boil or simmer. You can add a splash of vinegar if you’d like. This will help with keeping the egg together in the water, and you won’t taste it.
5. Put 2 slices of Ezekiel bread in the toaster.
6. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Once the water comes to a slight simmer, slide the egg out of the bowl into the simmering water. Then crack the other egg into the bowl. This gives you more control than just cracking the egg directly into the water.
7. Once the eggs are in the simmering water, don’t stir them or touch them. Once the egg white has lost its transparency, scoop the egg out with a large straining spoon so that the water drains away from the egg.
8. Lay the egg out on paper towel to let it dry.
9. Pull the toast out of the toaster and lay it on a plate.
10. Top the toast with the slice of tomato. Then top the tomato with the poached egg. On top of the egg add the slices of avocado and bell peppers.
11. Lastly add lemon pepper and salt to taste.
If you don’t eat eggs, you can easily eat this as veggie toast! Even without the egg, it’s super yummy!
Did you enjoy this recipe post? Would you like to see more recipes on my blog? If so comment below and let me know!