The New Year is days away, which means it’s time to set some crazy amazing goals for 2017! Achieving a goal takes discipline, and that discipline will lead to effective habits.
Having the discipline to create an effective habit will take your life in the direction YOU want and not in the direction others are telling you. Set yourself up to achieve any goal!
What are your dreams worth?
What would it take for you to really, truly go after what you want? If you knew you couldn’t fail… would you approach your life and your career path differently?
The thing that WILL take your life to the next level is goal setting.
GOAL SETTING the right way is how you take your life in the direction you’ve always wanted.
Whether you’re unhappy with the way things are, or you just know deep down that you were destined for more, approaching goal setting correctly will set you up to actually accomplish your goals.
Goal setting is a great way to focus your energy and effort into a single task, but sometimes goals can obscure your view of what’s really important. I think that everyone should have all sorts of goals. From daily to long-term, but there’s two important pieces to remember along the way.
I hope these tips will help not only in setting goals but also in achieving whatever it is you want in life.
Expect to hit your mark 80% of the time.
- Sometimes we just don’t want to do it whether it’s trying to run your business or getting through a workout. There will be down days and if you try to achieve 100% every time, those slip up and missteps will set you way back.
- Instead aim for success 80% of the time and you will succeed.
- Life has ups and downs, and we need to plan for those as well. If you don’t you’re just setting yourself up for failure.
The joy is in the journey.
Setting a goal and achieving it is one thing, but if you fly through life only focused on the goal you’re going to miss out on a lot.
Think back on the last time you achieved something you were really proud of. When you look back on that time you don’t just remember achieving the goal, you also remember the long road you journeyed to get there.
- Accomplishment comes from the difficulties your overcame.
- If you love the journey, you’ll love life, no matter what your goals are.
When you’re setting goals make sure you remember to consider what you can realistically achieve and when.
There’s no worse deterrent than overloading yourself early and quitting on your dreams before you even start.
…or breaking up a large goal into smaller ones will help you not only enjoy the journey but enjoy all the struggles and difficulties it takes to get that goal under your belt. Goals are a part of life so make sure you enjoy the day to day as well as the big successes.
Yuck! don’t wanna hear about habit? Well, it’s the truth. You have to want it bad enough that you discipline yourself to establish a habit and create long lasting change.
- Set aside time every day where you write your goals out, not just for the next 30 days, but the small individual tasks you’ll complete that day.
- Those small individual tasks that you complete will get on your way to accomplishing your BIG goal for your life.