Many people’s enthusiasm and commitment to their goals – whether they be fitness or business related – comes in waves. They might be consistent and do really well for a few weeks. But then life happens or they have a weak moment, and they end up spending a few weeks trying to get back on track again.
So how do you stay motivated and stick to those healthy and productive behaviors when you’re on a roll? By making them a habit! The following “Success Reminders” will help you form better habits and stay on track to reaching any goal!
- Live to be better. When it comes to your fitness, career, your relationships, and just life in general, when we realize that we can always be better and there’s always room for improvement, that’s when we’ve figured out success! We’re striving for progress, not perfection. It’s a journey! Continually making a conscious effort to be the best version of yourself will keep you on the right track.
- Have regularly scheduled checkups every 3 months. Now, I’m not talking about going to the doctor (although that’s important, too). What I’m talking about is really checking in with yourself. Mark it on your calendar, or set a reminder in your phone every 3 months to reassess what you’re doing and how your life is going. Are you happy with your fitness level, how you feel about yourself, what you’re doing in life, your relationships, your career?… What are you doing a good job of and what could you be doing a little better? Just check in with yourself to make sure you’re staying the right course.
- Keep learning. The more you educate yourself on topics related to whatever it is you want to achieve, the more likely you are to stay motivated and achieve those things. Read books, listen to motivational audio programs, find ways to learn more about creating better habits. Then rinse and repeat. The more you read and listen, and the more you repeat positive behaviors, the more it sticks. Repetition creates long-term memory grooves in your brain. Keep repeating those positive acts!
- Create accountability. Find someone, or a team of people, to help support you in your positive changes. Identifying those key people to help you stay accountable makes all the difference. Find a trainer, a coach, a mentor to guide you and cheer you on as you pursue whatever it is you want to achieve. While we might break a promise to ourselves, we’re much less likely to break a promise we’ve made to someone else. The more accountability you have the better!
- Never give up! No matter what life throws at you – and it will throw things at you from time to time – never quit! Everyone has their ups and downs. But the common factor with people who are successful in achieving their fitness and life goals is that they get back up every single time. You can do this! Stay the course!
Want more great tips and resources on improving balance, energy, organization, health fitness, relationships, focus, faith and happiness? Each episode of my podcast, The Chalene Show is designed to give you strategies and simple steps you can implement today to become a better, more balanced, happier version of yourself. LISTEN NOW!
Already a devoted listener to The Chalene Show? Leave me a voice message about what topics you’d like to hear on the show or your feedback on a particular episode >> LEAVE A MESSAGE. I would also love for you to leave me a review on iTunes! It’s kind of like my tip jar >> LEAVE A REVIEW.
Chalene’s Courageous Confidence Club: www.courageousconfidenceclub.com
This program gives you the tools you need to build confidence in every area of your life. You are supported by a group of people who are going through the program with you and are a sounding board for decisions and opportunities. This program will get you unstuck from your current situation and will teach you the steps needed to get your life in the direction you want!
Connect with Chalene:
Chalene on Facebook: www.facebook.com/chalene
Chalene on Instagram: www.instagram.com/chalenejohnson
Chalene on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/chalenejohnson
Chalene on Twitter: www.twitter.com/chalenejohnson